Thanks to you, our customers, Elite Roofing has enjoyed an exciting year full of successful projects. Whether you have trusted us for years or relied on our roofing experience for the first time in 2022, we value the opportunity to get to know you and provide high-quality workmanship on your roofing projects.
As we grow, each project expands our 65 years of gaining technical knowledge, building partnerships with other tradespeople, and learning how to best serve our customers.
As a wrap-up for the year, we wanted to share some of your favorite articles about the projects we’ve completed, the roofing trade, and critical how-to advice. As always, we welcome your feedback so we can write about the topics you care about most.
We Are Proud of Our Projects—and Satisfying Our Customers
Over the past year, we have shared our challenges and successes in roofing our way across the Toronto area! Here are just a few projects that many of you have enjoyed reading about:
- High-Rise Apartment Building Roof : When it comes to roof replacement for a high-rise apartment building, usually our team encounters predictable challenges. With the Rosslyn Arms Apartments in Oshawa however, our team really had to utilize creative thinking to ensure this project was completed successfully.… Learn more about this project
- BAYT Synagogue and Community Center: The roofing challenges included working on a multi-level building structure, continued use of the building during the project, lifting oversized equipment, difficult access to plumbing, and more… Learn more about this project
- 50-Unit Commercial Townhouse Complex: Many roofing jobs have surprises requiring problem-solving and workarounds, which can be especially difficult with a tight time frame and volatile pricing of materials… Learn more about this project
Educating Our Customers Enhances Our Partnership With You
The roofing industry is always changing, and it’s important to us that we share our knowledge, because a more informed customer supports our ability to do the best work possible. We’ve been pleased to provide you with informative pieces about the industry and essential technical topics.
- Roofing 101: Which Membrane Option is Right for You? Many people think that all roofs are made with basically the same materials, but this could not be further from reality. There are actually many different kinds of roofing membranes, each catering to different roof types in order to protect them best… Learn more about this project
- State of the Roofing Industry—A Conversation with Johns Manville: discussion focuses on some of the challenges that roofers encounter on a day-to-day basis, such as supply chain costs and labor… Learn more about this project
- Inverted Roof Membrane Assembly “IRMA” or Protected Roof Membrane Assembly “PRMA” Explained: We know what you’re thinking; Inverted roofing? This type of system may sound complex, but the name simply refers to a flat roofing system where the waterproofing layer is beneath the thermal insulation… Learn more about this project
Learning More about Technical Areas Helps You Protect Your Roof Investment
Roofing is one of the biggest investments you make in your buildings. Making good decisions about what type of roof you need, keeping it in good repair, and spotting early signs of damage saves you from significant expenses and minimizes disruption to your business. In the Toronto area, we face punishing winters that can wreak havoc on roofs. Part of our job is giving you the information you need to help you protect your investment.
- Positive Drainage: The Secret to Roof Longevity: When it comes to commercial roofing systems, one of the most important elements your roofing contractor should put forth is positive drainage. Commercial buildings most often have low-sloped or nearly flat roofs, which makes them more vulnerable to standing water issues… Learn more about this project
- Looking into a 3-Ply Hybrid Built Up Roofing System? Here’s What You Need to Know: 3-ply BUR Hybrid systems have many benefits, including no to low-flame, quick installation, low odour, and a Class A fire rating. However, some situations call for a different roofing membrane… Learn more about this project
- Steel Deck Corrosion: Why It Happens, And What You Can Do To Protect Your Investment: It is relatively quick to install in most weather conditions, durable and cost-efficient relative to alternatives such as wood, concrete, precast concrete, core slab or tectum. It has been in the market for over 60 years. Metal deck substrate has been known to have a lifespan of over 40 years and requires minor maintenance to keep it in shape… Learn more about this project
We hope the upcoming year will be the most successful one ever for your business and the most joyful for you and your families. As we enter the New Year, we look forward to building more connections with our customers and the larger community, with ample opportunities to grow and thrive in 2023.