Residential Home Full Roof Replacement
6 Plymbridge Road
About The Project
This project was a unique and fully customized two-storey home in Hoggs Hollow. The home is a mix of colonial and cottage-style architecture originally built in 1995. While the exterior and interior of the home are beautiful, the roof definitely needed a major overhaul, and with two different kinds of roofs that make up this home, our approach was a little bit different from traditional pitched-roof homes.
Scope of Work
- Remove and dispose of existing cedar shakes down to the deck substrate
- Supply and install:
- Self-adhesive ice and water shield type membrane at eaves and valleys and synthetic underlayment over the rest of the roof area
- 5/8” tapersawn western red cedar shakes with 7” exposure
- 16-ounce copper “w” profile valleys and chimney flashings, and
- New vents and plumbing stacks
- Final clean-up to restore the site to its original condition
Flat roofs (small upper & lower garage area)
- Remove and dispose of existing metal
- Prime existing roof membrane
- Supply and install:
- 2 plies of SBS modified bitumen membrane
complete with a 250 gram granular surfaced
cap sheet on field and membrane upturn areas
- 16 ounce copper copings and drip edge wall
counter flashings complete with fasteners, and
- Sealant – elastomeric caulking
- Final clean-up to restore the site to its
Pitched Roof Area:
This particular pitched roof has dormers projecting on all sides, which created challenging details to complete the project and keep the interior watertight throughout construction. The client wanted to replace her existing cedar shake roof with similar upgraded materials to match the quality of roofing materials utilized in the immediate neighbourhood. The project was scheduled for the late fall to allow for a full season of access to the outdoor pool area. Copper flashings were used to match the front standing seam copper portico roof area and to provide an upgraded look.
Special considerations for the project:
As anyone in the roofing business knows, the price of lumber has been unstable as of late, but we are happy to report that we were able to lock in material prices with our supplier (Roofmart). Heavier gauge steel slant back style roof vents were also used on this roof to solve a customer complaint: animals on the roof due to the large overgrown trees surrounding the home.
- cedar shake area – 5,500 sq ft
- flat roof area – 540 sq ft
“Elite Roofing was hired to replace the roof on my house. It is a large detailed cedar roof with copper flashings. The crew did a great job, paying attention to details and went above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction.”
Contact Elite Roofing for your next roofing project!
Elite Roofing prides itself on quality workmanship and exceptional customer service. Here at Elite, we are more than just a roofing company, we are a family. We’re available 24/7 to answer all of your roofing questions. That’s the Elite Advantage.